Minggu, 06 April 2014

Reflection: Time to De-Clutter...

ads

Clean white and crisp... Bohemian Bedrooms
White bedroom details
White Natural bedroom
White bedding with beautiful bedside table
Relaxing White bedroom
White bedroom with four poster bed
Space, Light and clutter free!


A couple of years ago if I had seen pictures of white minimal bedrooms I would have scoffed at how boring and unimaginative they were, but recently I not only appreciate their calm, relaxing beauty but actually crave the tranquility.

I have always been a hoarder. Not like the hoarders you see on T.V that collect newspapers and have created tunnels through caves of rubbish bags, I am more of a magpie. I love pretty things, and bargains! If I see something I have been looking for I am convinced that it was fate....  the universe has brought me a shiny thing, it was meant to be mine....

My boyfriend has told me countless times that I need to de-clutter and stop buying more stuff, and I have always just got annoyed at him... how dare he not appreciate my beautiful objects? I am just trying to create a beautiful home... or am I?

For the last few months I have started to realise that actually my bargain buying is out of control and just causing unnecessary stress. I actually dread the postman bringing my secret packages on days when my boyfriend is off work. I am one of the modern age 'consumers' of crap that I 'want' not 'need'.

So over the last couple of months I have started the process of de-cluttering. I have followed the advice of websites and books and found the whole experience really liberating. it is a slow process and I by no means want to live in a minimal home totally devoid of personality but a more organised one would be nice.


White bedroom, with an acceptable amount of clutter?
How about you guys? Do you have any wisdom on decluttering your home? or do you like the clutter and eclectic look?

Reflection: Time to De-Clutter... Rating: 4.5 Diposkan Oleh: yourhomeart
 

Top