Kamis, 03 April 2014

Recipe: Minestrone Verde...

ads

My Minestrone Verde Ingredients

I am always scouring Pinterest for Healthy recipes, and now I am on Maternity leave I have taken the opportunity to make some I have been drooling over...  A couple of days ago I made this beautiful Minestrone Verdi.... it is seriously one of the most amazing things I have ever eaten..... and I love food!!

I am going to share with you guys the recipe but all credit is due to 'The Healthy Chef' who is my new food guru!

For the Soup
1 large  leek, sliced
2 celery stalks, cut into small chunks
1 large green pepper, cut into chunks
2 Courgettes, cut into small chunks
100 g / 3  1/2 oz  kale, calvo nero or silver beet chopped
250 g / 8  3/4 oz  green peas
1 litre vegetable stock
 ( I also added Asparagus as it is in season and cheap in England at the moment)

For the Salsa Verdi
1 bunch green basil
1 bunch parsley
1 cloves fresh garlic, smashed
�  tsp sea salt
3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
6 tablespoons cold pressed olive oil
(Try and get the basil and parsley from the greengrocer as supermarket packets are small, inferior and usually double the price)

Saut� the leek and celery in a large saucepan over a low heat for 2 minutes until soft.
Add the stock, Courgette, Pepper and kale or calvo nero.
Simmer over a gentle heat for 10 minutes.
Add the peas.
Simmer for another 3 minutes.
Season with freshly ground white pepper if required.
Combine salsa verde ingredients into a good high-speed blender until a gorgeous green paste forms.
Adjust consistency and taste if necessary, adding a little more cold pressed olive oil or lemon.
Ladle the green minestrone into serving bowls.
Enjoy as is or  top with a generous drizzle of salsa verde.
Serve immediately and enjoy.

 The Salsa Verde is awesome on toast with avocado too!

Recipe and Bottom Image from 'The Healthy Chef'

Recipe: Minestrone Verde... Rating: 4.5 Diposkan Oleh: yourhomeart
 

Top