Minggu, 02 Februari 2014

Pressing Flowers.....

ads

Molly Steele and her beautiful Banjo decorated with Dried Flowers
Pressed Flowers
Botanical Glass Frame available from Terrain
I think I must have been 5 when I got my first flower press for Christmas. I was totally amazed that you could squash and dry little flowers. I remember opening the press every day for weeks hoping my little dandelion flower would be flat, I also remember being disappointed that I couldn't press and dry ladybirds (weird child, although during my Photography degree I did later start collecting beetles, butterflies and moths .... but these remained intact).

My 2nd year photography degree exhibition was based upon the Victorian Language of flowers, and after a recent trip to the Flowers and World Views exhibition in Copenhagen I am again inspired.

If you are interested in giving Flower pressing and mounting a go, here is a great link to a how to article from a Pair and a Spare blog.

Pressing Flowers..... Rating: 4.5 Diposkan Oleh: yourhomeart
 

Top